Free Child Safety and Wellbeing Workshop Schedule, October 2018 – June 2019
The City of Lake Charles will host free workshops in its "Linked" series for the month of October 2018 thru June 2019, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The workshop is for foster parents or anyone interested in learning more about child safety and well-being. The workshops are held on the second Tuesday of each month at Church of the King, located at 2145 Oak Park Blvd.
- October 9, 2018: Healthy Eating
- November 13, 2018: TBD
- December 11, 2018: TBD
- January 8, 2019: Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) Law
- February 12, 2019: Benefits of Reading
- March 12, 2019: Child Obesity
- April 9, 2019: Planning For College
- May 7, 2019: TBD
- June 11, 2019: TBD
After a required pre-registration, workshops are free to the public. They also offer food and childcare while foster parents attend training for "one hour per workshop," said a media release.
For more details, log onto www.swlafostercare.com where you can register for the workshop, or call 337.491.8735.