Build A Cheap Ghost Hunting Kit On National Paranormal Day
Today is National Paranormal Day so you may want to book a night at a haunted hotel or visit a location known for its paranormal activity.
If that's the case, you're going to need equipment to capture the sights and sounds of your adventure as well as scientific devices to help you debunk or back up your findings.
Ghost Hunting Equipment On A Budget:
1. Video Camera - I would say the first piece of equipment you need is a video camera. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? The same thing goes with ghost hunting, if you're in a location where you experience paranormal activity and you don't document it, did it really happen? You don't have to ghost hunt at night, but if you want to from time to time, then you need a budget-friendly video camera that has night vision.
2. Infrared Light For Your Video Camera - Having a night vision video camera is an essential piece of equipment. However, you will need an extra Infrared light to make sure you can light up the darkness to not only record your evidence but to also see where you are walking in the dark.
3. A Digital Voice Recorder - The most common piece of evidence that most hunters get of paranormal activity is noises. You could catch ghost-hunting "lightning in a bottle" and get a Class A EVP (electronic voice phenomena) responding to your question or just catch all the creepy sounds you're hearing in the location.
4. Electromagnetic Field Reader - Many scientists in the ghost hunting field believe that spirits are made up of electromagnetic energy. If you're hearing and seeing a lot of paranormal activity in the location you're in, whip out the EMF meter to sweep the location. This could give you some scientific measurements to back up your findings.
5. Night Vision Trail Camera - I've seen many ghost hunters use motion-activated night vision trail cameras in the "hot spots" around a location to either debunk or catch evidence to support their case. I've linked the mini versions so it's easier to pack in your kit and will take up less room.
6. Infrared Temperature Gun - It's believed in the ghost hunting field that when a spirit attempts to manifest (you can see it with your own eyes), the temperature in that location will drop significantly. When you feel cold spots in a room, you can record the temperature change between the cold spot and the rest of the location.
7. Spirit Box - The Spirit Box is used to communicate with spirits. It sweeps radio frequencies at a very high rate to create a white noise frequency that many believe in the ghost hunting field is the same frequency that spirits can speak through. Take caution with this piece of equipment, Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures says that communicating to spirits this way can be dangerous.
Lastly, if you're looking for a kit that you can get all the basics in one purchase, check out the ghost hunting equipment kit below:
Happy ghost hunting and make sure you share any evidence you capture with us so we can write an article about you on our website and mobile app.
Check Out These Louisiana Folklore Stories