Free Community Connection Workshop Series, July 23 thru September 26, 2019
The City of Lake Charles is set to host a Community Connection workshop series, kicking off in July and wrapping up in September.
According to a media release, like the City's Teen Connection series, Community Connection consists of free, one-hour workshops. "The workshops will enhance life skills for adults in Lake Charles and the surrounding area, and are scheduled for July, August, and September."
“There has been much conversation in recent years about the economic boom our area is experiencing, but one thing we hear quite frequently is that many of our citizens are unsure of how they can benefit and improve their own lives on the heels of this growth,” said Mayor Nic Hunter. “Community Connection will focus on providing real, practical information on topics such as landing a better job, gaining financial independence, leveraging banking and a good credit score to improve your personal bottom line, encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit, and much more.”
Workshops begin on Tuesday, July 23 and will be held from 6:00pm-7:00pm. The location will alternate between Epps Memorial Library, located at 1320 North Simmons Street, and Huber Recreation Center, located at 2124 14th Street.
- July 23: Epps Memorial Library: “How Can I Land a Better Job within this Economic Boom?
- July 25: Huber Recreation Center: “How Can I Make More Money by Enhancing my Skills or Education?
- Aug 22: Epps Memorial Library: “Using Banking and a Good Credit Score to Put More Money in My Pocket”
- September 12: Huber Recreation Center: “Financial Freedom! Through Good Budgeting and Thinking Long Term”
- September 26: Epps Memorial Library: “I can do This! Ladders are made for Climbing!”
Attendees will be entered into a raffle to win a brand-new laptop computer, said the media release.