Get Free Vision, Dental & Medical At Lake Charles Civic Center
Remote Area Medical (RAM) founded by the late Stan Brock, is bring free medical care to the area this weekend. RAM is a non-profit organization from Tennessee that began offering free dental, vision, and medical care to people in need in 1985.
This weekend marks RAM's 965th FREE CLINIC! It all takes place this Saturday September 15th (6am to 6pm) and Sunday September 16, 2018 (6am to 3pm). The location is the Lake Charles Civic Center (900 Lakeshore Drive) inside the Exhibition Room, and Coliseum areas. RAM encourages everyone needing services, especially dental services, to arrive as early as possible.
Things to know-
* Saturday Sept. 15, the clinic parking lot will open at 12 am/midnight. Patients are advised to enter the parking lot, via the Lakefront entrances.
* Patients will be served in numerical order, according to their ticket number.
* Ticket distribution begins at 3 a.m. on the South side (afi theater side) of the Civic Center.
* Clinic doors open at 6am.
* In some situations, such as inclement weather, volunteer cancellations, or other circumstances outside of RAM’s control, ticketing may occur earlier than 3 a.m.
*The same process starts over Sunday Sept. 16.
Everyone is eligible for free care men, women, and children! There will even be a Kidz Zone available, so parents can get the care they need, without worrying about child care. To be served, you don't need to provide proof of income, medical insurance, or even an I.D. This is a FREE CLINIC offering dental, vision, and medical services to anyone who needs it.
*Dental - cleanings, fillings, extractions, x-rays
*Vision - eye exam, eyeglass prescriptions, eyeglasses made on-site (patient leaves with glasses the same day.)
*Medical - hearing exams, women's health, pediatric, and general medical exams
All services are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to time constraints, be prepared to choose between DENTAL and VISION services.
This entire clinic could not be possible without the enormous volunteer efforts of the the City of Lake Charles, doctors, nurses, aids, hospitals, medial services and equipment companies, and local restaurants. If you would like to volunteer during this event, go to www.ramusa.org, www.cityoflakecharles.com, call (337) 491-1378, or contact Emily Ashworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.