Sandbags Are Available For Calcasieu Parish Residents
While we are still optimistic about the direction of this disturbance that is forming. We want to make sure that we keep everyone informed and with the latest information. The last thing we need is for those who are leaving to wait til the last minute, and we want to make sure that your home will be secured.
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury announced that there are currently sandbags available to residents for free and at several locations. If you are in need of sandbags, here are the following locations and addresses.
- Ward 1 Barn - 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Old Barn - 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 3 Barn- Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Old Kroger building- intersection of Beglis Parkway and Napoleon Street, Sulphur
- Ward 5 Barn – 129 Third St., Starks
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum St., DeQuincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa.
The sand and the bags are provided, however you will need to bring your own shovels in order to fill the bags. The sandbags are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is only if their is a threat of severe warnings. We want all of our residents to be safe and hopefully we will get spared this time around. For more information, keep it locked to your favorite radio station for any updates or weather and road conditions.