Walmart Will Be Doing Temperature Checks on Employees
Walmart made an announcement in their Twitter post on Tuesday morning that they will be making some changes to better serve the customers and promote a safe and healthy workplace for their employees in their U.S. based stores. They listed they will be doing the following:
- Taking the temperatures of their associates as they report to work, as well as asking them some basic health screening questions.
- Making masks and gloves available, as supplies permit, for associates who want to wear them.
- Continuing to take steps to promote social distancing.
They are also asking their associates to remember the numbers 6, 20, and 100. The importance of these numbers are:
- 6 feet is the amount of space people should keep from others, when possible, to maintain social distancing.
- 20 seconds is the amount of time people should take to wash their hands with soap and water.
- 100 is the temperature that someone should stay home with.